E-course for General Practitioners
GPs play a key role in the early detection and management of eating disorders and referral to specialist services. Early intervention is essential but recognising or spotting the signs of an emerging eating disorder can be challenging.
Our free e-course for GPs is endorsed by the Royal College of General Practitioners and explores the different types of eating disorders, and how patients may present to their GP. It offers practical advice to enable clinicians to assess, manage and monitor such patients, know when to be concerned, and when to refer. Successful completion of the 30 minute course will enable you to:
- Understand the diagnostic grouping of eating disorders
- Describe the symptoms of eating disorders (including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder) to enable early recognition
- Understand how to open discussions with patients who have, or are developing, an eating disorder
- Understand the patient and carer perspective
- Describe the role of a GP in the management of eating disorders identifying when to be concerned and refer..
“An excellent module on eating disorders. I particularly appreciated the case studies and the specific practical advice on how to approach patients with a potential eating disorder.”
As a RCGP endorsed course, you will receive 0.5 CPD points and a certificate upon completion.
Please get in touch to access the e-course for GPs.